our home and native land turns 150 in 2017 – happy birthday, canada! #canada150
to celebrate, my goal – alongside Erin – is to visit as many national parks (5) and heritage sites(19) in alberta as i can.
encouragement is welcome, and often needed. group participation steals my heart.
have a place i need to visit? or a product i just have to bring with me? call me.
- banff national park: UNESCO World Heritage Site and Canada’s first National Park of Canada (1885).
- elk island national park: Alberta plains oasis for rare and endangered species.
- jasper national park: UNESCO World Heritage Site and glacial jewel of the Rockies.
- waterton lakes national park: International Peace Park; where the Rocky Mountains meet the prairie.
- wood buffalo national park: UNESCO World Heritage Site larger than Switzerland.
- brooks aqueduct
- father lacombe chapel
- fort george and buckingham house
- frank slide interpretive centre
- head-smashed-in buffalo jump
- historic dunvegan
- leitch collieries
- lougheed house
- oil sands discovery centre
- remington carriage museum
- reynolds-alberta museum
- royal alberta museum
- royal tyrrell museum
- royal tyrrell museum field station
- rutherford house
- stephansson house
- turner valley gas plant
- ukrainian cultural heritage village
- victoria settlement