It’s Monday. The day furthest away from your next escape. The long weekend is around the corner, but it’s not close enough.
Do you have a case of the Mondays?
Well, do not fret my pet. I have something to cheer you right up! Have any plans for Friday night? Cancel them. You’re now going to The Banff Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival.
One lucky reader and a guest are getting entrance tickets to the festival that is sold out year after year. These hot little numbers are for the Friday, May 10 session from 7-10 p.m.
In February, Rebecca and I checked out the Winefest in Calgary and left a bit tipsy and a lot satisfied. I decided to find a red that I loved, and Rebecca caught up with the wine reps, speaking of trips to Napa and Kelowna – I have such cultured friends.
The Banff event invites guests to sample from a wide array of wine, scotch, beer and other libations, paired with delicious food samples. Wine and beverage experts will be available to share their knowledge and suggest tasting notes as attendees sample their way from booth to booth.
Not only is the hooch something to talk about, the Grand Tasting Hall will also feature the best cuisine that Banff restaurants and eateries have to offer.
Chefs from across the town will be serving up specialties such as:
- Wild Mushroom Arancini – Crisp and gooey risotto balls with rich red pepper and creamed Parmesan sauce from the Bear Hill Brewing Company
- Reuben Slider – Montreal smoked meat on a mini pretzel bun served with chardonnay Dijon and sauerkraut from the Eddie Burger & Bar
- Dark Mole Pulled Pork Spring Rolls – Fried spring rolls with honey sriracha drizzle and watermelon cubes from the Rimrock Resort Hotel
- Shrimp & Crawfish Etouffée – Spicy Cajun stew served with dirty rice and cornbread from Touloulou’s
Are you drooling all over your keyboard yet? You should be!
So why not make a weekend out of it? Enjoy the beautiful Rocky Mountains, fantastic wine and delicious food, then sleep in and go hiking on Saturday – or just stay in town, shop the strip and have fondue for lunch at Grizzly House?
There are numerous ways to enter and the only mandatory one is to leave a comment below. Contest closes at 2:00 p.m. MT on Thursday, May 9. Winner will be contacted by email. Good luck!
How’s your Monday looking now?
– Contest now closed –
- Leave a comment below telling me why you should have a night out in Banff
- Optional: Follow Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival on Twitter: @RockyWineFood and tell me that you did
- Optional: Follow me on Twitter: @laurabridgman and tell me that you did
- Optional: Like scribbles&sass on Facebook and tell me that you did
If you’re not the winner, tickets are available online at rockymountainwine.com.
Disclaimer: The comp tickets are for the Friday, May 10 from 7-10 p.m. When presented at the door, these tickets will allow for complimentary access into the Grand Tasting Hall. Tickets are not transferable to Saturday’s session. This is an adult only event. All attendees must be 18 years or older. Minors (including infants) are not permitted to attend. Sampling coupons can be purchased separately.